Saturday, April 16, 2011

Love?

I have never been in love. I have never experianced the sharp intake of breath when you realize,
 "Oh my goodness, i'm in love with you."
 I have had my heartbroken. Shattered actually. I never want to hurt like that again. The pain is immeasurable. Even though i was not in love, and i didn't even think i was, a little bit of my heart broke off and died. I believe that every time you date someone or have a relationship, you give some of your heart away. Here's the problem. You can never get that cerished chunk of you back. NEVER. You can try to fill up the missing places with more  boyfriends, but it won't work. It will just make it worse. And if you give too much of your heart away on temporary romances you won't have any of it left to give to the person who comes along and really, sincerley loves you. Your husband. By the time the guy that loves you for who are and all that junk comes along, you'll be too broken to be fixed. If you have nothing left to give him. You can't give him your heart, you gave it to all the other guys you "loved." So i think i have covered heartbreak. Now i need to talk about love. If you are in middle school/high school and you're reading this, YOU ARE NOT IN LOVE.  You may think you are, but it is temporary. trust me. You cannot have love without God, he must be the forefront of every relationship.
I believe that love means you are ready to give your life up to someone, give up your hopes and dreams for theirs. You love that person so much you want to spend every second of your life being with them. You want to have children.They are your everything. Even after years of being together, the sight of their smile still makes your knees week. They make you feel special and beautiful. That is love. Love is what makes life so beautiful.

-Grace:)

THERE MAY BE PLENTY OF FISH IN THE SEA, BUT ONLY ONE IS MEANT FOR YOU.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Grace! What a wise post from a thirteen year old! You really understand love, probably because you see it modelled so well by your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace I love this! You have such wisdom and perspective, you are such a good writer!
    Love,
    Shan

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw thanks guys! i'm glad i got to finally tell someone my perspective of love! yay:) thanks for reading it:)

    ReplyDelete